November 1, 2009

The Gateway Drug

After going through reams of research on the drug war and I can now see why the government classifies Cannabis as a "gateway drug". Before you decide to flame me just hear me out.

According to the government cannabis is a class one narcotic. Just like heroin, meth ampheteimne, crack and cocaine. No benefits, dangerous, deadly ...

Yet millions have first hand experience that Cannabis has no negative effects, and tens of millions have seen someone in their social circles use Cannabis without negative effects.

So if Cannabis is a Class 1 drug, but everyone uses it without negative effects (other than legal reprecussions) then maybe heroin is not so bad, and after all it is so cheap and available since the war on drugs has created such a black market enviroment. Or crack, it does not matter that it is funding black ops for the CIA , its everywhere and the government says it is as bad for you as Cannabis. Why not?

So I now see how cannabis is the "gateway drug" as long as it is illegal and misrepresented by police, political, pharmaceutical, tobacco and alcohol interests. Class 1 drug? How much proof do you need to see it has benefits and should not be class 1!

I see it being the "gateway drug" to pour billions of anti terrorism homeland security funds into local municipalities, fill our private for-profit prisons with non violent american citizens stripped of their rights to vote, a city (state, country) of intimidated citizens afraid to stand up for their friends and families.

It is also the gateway to change. How many peoples first experience that the government is lying to them is their experimentation with cannabis. How many people have had their eyes opened to a whole world of possibilities outside of their preconceived notions of reality.

I write this with my eyes wide open. I cannot sit idly by and watch my brothers and sisters rights trampled on. I must do something but I cannot do it alone.

Dannabis

No comments:

Post a Comment