December 30, 2009

Why we are Targets

Why I am a target – Why we are all targets.


I am a business owner, a father and husband. I am active in my community. I believe in the will of the people and respect for each other’s rights. I also believe in medical marijuana and this makes me a target.

I think that the war on drugs is a monstrous waste of taxpayer money that creates bureaucracies that depend on greater numbers of arrests and incarcerations to secure their ever increasing need for funding on a local, state and federal level. I am not afraid to say so, and this makes me a target.

I think that when government abuses the power that we the people bestowed it then it is our duty to rise up a demand change. This too makes me a target.

I think that it is atrocious that America has more prisoners per capita than China.

But I am not just standing up for my own rights. Every time anyone stands up for their rights they also stand up for all of us.

Is your hot button issue school funding? Roads and signals? Fire and Flood preparedness? Rape kit DNA tests?

I think that police, local and state governments, for profit prisons, and all their support organizations stand to lose funding, political influence and jobs when the tolerance mandated by law 13v years ago becomes commonplace. This makes me, all of us, really big targets.

Think off all the issues that affect your daily life. Issues that your local representatives tell you there is no funding for. Now think of all the wasted revenue used to circumvent current state law. Investigations, arrests, trials, incarcerations, law suits, lawyers fees. All this is our tax money, should be used to make San Diego better. This should make you rather angry, but be careful, or you too be become a target.



See Also:
Who is Dan Murphy?

Open Letter to Medical Marijuana Community of San Diego

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adonnamous,
    Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Your input is invaluable in assisting my team in sculpting a product worthy of the name Dannabis. However, the content you have posted has been considered objectionable, and has been removed.

    The Dannabis Team.

    ReplyDelete