December 31, 2009

Open Letter to Medical Marijuana Community of San Diego

Due to recent events it is necessary to note this article was originally written in early December, with final revisions before Christmas and only a paragraph order change since then. It was my intent to post this at new years. This is NOT any kind of retaliation for anything.

My blog http://dannabissd.blogspot.com/2009/11/impassioned-plea-for-help.htm
from 11-1-2009 hinted at cooperative effort but I had no idea that the challenge would be within the movement.

Please read this!



Open Letter to Medical Marijuana Community of San Diego, leadership, and organizers.

My name is Dan Murphy, but my name is not important.

I have been to meetings, rallies, and trials. But what I have done is not important.

What I have seen and heard is what is important.

Riddle me this, who wins when we fight each other? Who Loses?

Please tell me I am not the only one that sees this!

The infighting in the Medical Marijuana movement is too prevalent to be coincidental. San Diego is no exception.

I am calling out the leadership, organizers, and membership of the Medical Marijuana movement in San Diego to drop the juvenile rivalry or the movement, and your agendas will fail here.

Is this what you want?

I believe we as activists have only one choice; we need to drop the schoolyard bickering and keep in mind who is laughing while we tear ourselves apart from within. We need to open our eyes to who the true enemy is and focus all our energy and resources on them.

What is the alternative?

I know you all have the intelligence and drive. It seems like you have the extra time as well. If you cannot come up with ideas how to become more cooperative and focused then I have some for you.

We need an organized, friendly, all inclusive rally. Not against anyone, but supporting everyone’s rights to choose their own medical path.

Show your leadership by organizing a rally that doesn’t have your name all over it. One that is open to all groups. One that is not simply a donation/membership drive.

Who is going to step up?

My mission statement “I am willing to adopt common goals to overcome common adversaries and achieve common interests.” should be the basis for all movement related activities. Instead the movement is clouded by too much ego.

I do not want to lead this movement; I cannot afford to lead this movement.

Are you going to ignore me, attack the message, or attack the messenger?

You can choose to ignore this message. But will your membership? If you want to refocus your efforts toward mutual cooperation then SPEAK UP!

You can attack the message. If you truly believe that mutual cooperation is counter to the goals of the movement then say so. I am sure your membership would want to know and understand this.

You can attack the messenger. I am a nobody, an observer. I have already lost my career, as a convicted grower my options are quite limited. My reputation in the MMJ community is minimal at best. Any public attack would only server to increase my status.

But if it takes a “nobody” like me to bring this movement together in San Diego then I can be that “nobody”.

No, your best move at this point is to quietly refocus your energies toward the real enemies and when challenged to state that was your position all along. All the while minimizing the infighting to a point of irrelevance.

If you do not see the rivalry and infighting then bless you. You are focused. Remind others of your vision.

All I ask is for every one of us to pick our battles, define our enemy, and align with others that share that same adversary.

Perhaps you can join me, Above The Fray.


Sincerely and from the bottom of my heart.

Dan Murphy, a concerned cannabis activist


See also:
Who is Dan Murphy

Why I am a Target

4 comments:

  1. Huh, I thought he was accused of being a CI. Do you have any facts to get straight?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why everyone knows that REDACTED SLANDEROUS READ ABOVE is a narc. At least most people do. How about doing some research on REDACTED prior to his arrest 8 months ago.

    This post was edited and reposted to prevent this blog from being a vehicle for BASELESS attacks while maintaining its integrity as a civil exchange of ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for assure us your notice. To get & read latest medical marijuana news articles visit my Blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! I got somethings new from this site & Types of weed website. I also found a awesome article about cancer cure treatment using medical marijuana/cannabis oil at Types of Weed. Thanks for sharing. New Zealand is a popular clean green and safe Country to visit with great outdoor concerts scenery, crazy adventure tourism and Marijuana is illegal to grow cannabis in new Zealand. Types of weed IS completely illegal, in particular for dealers and growers. The general population is quite tolerant of cannabis use and there is growing support for Medical Marijuana use and general Decriminalization. New Zealand has its own Marijuana based Political party The Aotearoa Legalize Cannabis Party and some strong activists,,,Watch Dakta Green's progress as he fights Jail time and tries to save "The Daktory" New Zealand's first attempt at a dispensary ....."Dak" in New Zealand is slang for Marijuana. :)

    ReplyDelete